Two Years in a Tiny House

Two Years in a Tiny House

Today I am celebrating two years tiny! Guillaume and I officially finished construction on September 2nd, 2014. We then moved into our tiny abode and hit the road. At the time, we had no idea what was in store for us. It has been a transformational two years. I’ve learned so much about life, material objects, and most of all, myself.

two years tinyTwo Years Tiny. Happy Birthday Tiny House!

Minimalism isn’t a lifestyle you decide to pursue on a whim. Ironically, it is hard work to maintain simplicity! I can honestly say my tiny house is the embodiment of my values. Every item I own has worth in my life.

THGJ New Brunswick - 0018
Living in a tiny house isn’t always easy. There are days when I wish I had more space and more belongings. I am working on being satisfied with what I have, and my tiny house has helped me achieve happiness with less.

Haines Highway - 0001The key to happiness is linked to your ability to be satisfied.

Will I always live in a tiny house? I don’t know. Life has a way of changing, and I will continue to adapt. I do know that I will never live grossly outside of my means. My tiny house has shown me that there is beauty in simplicity, and no matter how complicated life gets, I will strive to remember that.

Tiny House Dalton Highway - 0018

I still love my tiny house after two years. It makes me smile when I pull into my driveway and warms my heart when I open the front door. Walking inside my tiny home is like receiving a hug from a friend or lover. My house washes away all of the tension that I hold in my body throughout the day. I sleep better in my tiny home, and I take better care of myself.

THGJ California Wild Flowers - 0010My tiny house makes me a better person.

Thank you for following this blog for the past two years (or three years if you have been with us since we started building in 2013). Guillaume and I have some announcements to make, so stay tuned for more tiny house videos and travel stories. Looking forward to another year tiny!

—Apparently I like to jump in front of my tiny house, a lot. Looking forward to another year of doing that. —-

1. Sherri Wakefield Mangin
    September 3, 2016 / 1:58 pm

You manage to entertain, educate and make us feel like close friends. That’s truly an art, Jenna. Thank you! As always, I wish you both the best! Sherri at Tumbleweed

2. September 3, 2016 / 6:20 am

Thank you, Jenna and Guillaume, for changing Tammy’s mind about going tiny. She was dead set against it until you stayed in our driveway Christmas of 2014 and she saw how her claustrophobia wasn’t triggered by your 18′ house.

Even still, we love that Tumbleweed has added a new 26′ model to their lineup, and have started looking at land in nearby Moncks Corner. The boys just turned 15, so we still have three years before we can make the leap, but are making concrete plans in the meantime!

3. Mary Keesling
    September 3, 2016 / 2:19 am

Always look forward to your posts…yours was the first tiny i ever walked into……am planning my tiny future after meeting you all! congrats and happy tiny versary! >^..^<

4. September 3, 2016 / 12:01 am

congrats you two beautiful beings!

5. Jean cole
    September 2, 2016 / 10:33 pm

I would love to do what you guys are doing,I have though about selling my house and getting a tiny house a friend of mine did it and having a very good live now ,she loves it.thank you very much,,and have fun what ever yo do..

6. Pepe Rencurrell
    September 2, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Thank you both for all the tiny house journeys that you have shared with all of us!! You have helped greatly to inspire me into buying a tiny house in the near future. Looking foward to more tiny house adventures soon. God bless you both!!!

7. Lynn
    September 2, 2016 / 6:52 pm

Your photos, as always, are stunning. I do so enjoy your posts!

8. September 2, 2016 / 5:50 pm

Been with you since the start. Congratulations👍

9. Linda Sand
    September 2, 2016 / 11:28 am

After having lived several years in our RV I was not able to get comfortable in a 2-bedroom apartment. Too big. We are about to downsize again. I hope you will be comfortable whether you decide to stay tiny or not.