Tiny House in Transition

Tiny House in Transition

I wanted to address something a lot of you have already guessed: Guillaume and I parted ways earlier this year. We remain close friends, and we are supporting each other through this transition. Did the confined space of the tiny house break us up? No. This is just life. It doesn’t always go the way you plan.

So what’s next for Tiny House Giant Journey?

I will be living in the Tiny House, and I’m setting up a little homestead at Mt. Hood Tiny House Village in Oregon. Salies (my dog) is keeping me company. This blog will continue to be updated by me.

THGJ Modular Tiny House Couch

2016 has been a year of transition. 2017 holds new adventures.

Travel writing and minimalism are still my passions. They continue to drive me, even when life turns me in another direction. From now on I will NOT be traveling with my Tiny House in tow. Instead, I’m saving more money by parking in one location. I’ve already booked two trips for early 2017: Taiwan and Peru! Expect more travel posts and photos.

Guillaume also has big plans for the future. I won’t spill the beans. When he’s ready, I’ll update you on his projects.

THGJ California Wild Flowers - 0011

There has definitely been a transition period now that I live alone in my tiny home. I have twice as many chores, and twice as much closet space. For the first time in two years, I can purchase a new pair of shoes without getting rid of something else. There are certain high shelves that sit empty and out of my reach, and that makes me sad and drives me insane at the same time. In an effort to make the space more “me,” I’ve purchased a few girlie, fluffy pillows for the couch, changed a few decorative knobs, and planted a garden.

My Tiny House is becoming a new person, and I am too.

TransitionI hope you will continue to follow my journey as it turns down a new path. Thank you!

1. June 7, 2017 / 1:47 pm

Are you looking for a new boyfriend ? 😛 just kidding, indeed relationships sometimes end, not because it was bad, but just because it wasnt working anymore.

2. Faith Hazelwood
    June 7, 2017 / 1:21 pm

I have tears in my eyes. Breakups are painful. I love your hair and I will continue to follow you. I love yoyr travels! I wanted you to know I got Tiny House insurance with Michael in Portland. I wasn’t getting anywhere with Daryll. My Rio Faithful is almost done. I’m here in South Carolina. Also i have coffee bean bags as doors under my sink :), but i haven’t hung them yet. I would love to know the step by step how to do it. Take care.

3. Jennifer Knox
    June 7, 2017 / 8:21 am

I’ve been really loving your website. Such an inspiration! I too have wanderlust and I have a hard time staying in one spot for long. I’ve reviewed quite a few tiny house plans and I keep coming back to yours for some reason so I hope to cheat and copy your tiny house plan. I’m having a hard time deciding on whether to do 20 or 26 feet. If you could design and build your tiny house again, what would you do differently? Go bigger…change materials, etc. I would love to chat with you at some point in the future to talk out my plans. Do you work as a consultant? All the best, -Jennifer

• June 7, 2017 / 10:01 am

Hi Jennifer! I love hearing that you found some inspiration on my blog. I love the size of my house, and I wouldn’t go any bigger. That being said, I understand why some people do go bigger. It’s up to the individual, depending on their particular lifestyle.

I do consultations – 1 hr video chats from inside my tiny house. You can find out more and contact me for booking on this page – http://tinyhousegiantjourney.com/tiny-house-consultation/

4. June 2, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Jenna,
    I love your spirit, independence, creativity and sense of adventure. Stay true yourself, you are a unique and precious individual, no matter what the color of your hair.

5. John
    June 2, 2017 / 12:09 pm

You may be the coolest person I’ve ever seen.

6. Albert Tambolleo
    May 31, 2017 / 6:07 am

Jenna. I admire and feel pride for you. It must be difficult on your own. You seem like a super strong person. Don’t stop. How can I follow your travels? Good Luck !

• June 1, 2017 / 3:55 pm

Follow my travels by signing up for my newsletter in the sidebar and following me on Instagram. Thank you for your kind words!

7. May 25, 2017 / 4:43 pm