Tiny House Framing: The Right Side Wall

Tiny House Framing: The Right Side Wall

Over the weekend we had our first set of helpers. I think we’re going to make that a regular thing! Barbecue, Build and Beers! It’s a great way to get a lot done in a short amount of time. And our friends will do just about anything for free beer and food. They’re the best! So, this weekend we tackled the task of framing the right wall.

My First Time Framing

This was my first time ever using a saw, let alone a miter saw. I was a little squeamish as first, but by the end of the day, I was a pro. The power! The ABSOLUTE POWER! I was the saw-queen and all my happy helpers were my saw minions… bawahahaha.

In case you haven’t noticed: I’m petite, which is why I’m perfect for tiny house living. So when I used a nail gun later that afternoon (I’m also a nail-gun-newbie), I had to use both hands to prop it up. That thing is heavy! But I felt like a warrior princess, only covered in sweat and a sawdust. Guillaume was a little concerned at first – constantly reminding me to wear my safety glasses, but later I saw him breaking his own rules.

I am happy to report no fingers or toes were harmed in the making of this house, thus far.

Mistakes Were Made…

As you might notice in the video, once we put up the right wall, Guillaume realized the back wall was actually three inches too short! We had to take it down and attach extra wood to the top so it was level. This further proves how green we are, but it’s all part of the process.

Please let us know if you would like to come to one of our Sunday BBQ Builds! We love help, and you probably love food.

1. October 29, 2013 / 5:05 pm

Super sexy seeing a woman holding a Nail gun ! Keep up the awesome small living work. Wabi Sabi for life !

2. fngrpntr
    October 23, 2013 / 12:19 pm

DON’T BREAK THE RULES!!! I know a builder who lost an eye . . .
    Peace & love your build, Terry

3. September 25, 2013 / 7:20 am

This is awesome!!! My husband and I are building our own right now (we just finished most of our insulation and will be moving on to subflooring and framing soon). You guys seem a lot like us 🙂 Can’t wait to see more of your journey!

• September 25, 2013 / 9:56 am

Hey Kelly, thanks! I checked out your tumblr and your video. Sounds like you guys also have a great project ahead of you. You’re both very “hands-on” it sounds like, shouldn’t be too much of an issue for you guys. Good luck, and maybe we’ll stop by Charlotte. Stay in touch
      Guillaume

4. September 20, 2013 / 10:35 pm

Cam: your tiny house looks amazing thus far!!!!! i would almost trade our new house for it……..almost. haha anyway i cant wait for your guys to roll in to town in your mini mansion and show shelbyville whats up. cant wait to see you sis. love cam

Ash: Yay!! I love it! You guys are moving along so quickly. If we ever need a house built we will know who to call haha 🙂 I can’t wait to see you guys cruise into Illinois in that thing. It’s going to be so great. Jenna, you look good with those power tools, I’m pretty sure I would lose a finger haha. Lots of love to you guys!

• September 21, 2013 / 10:45 am

Thanks guys! We can’t wait to show you AND see your new house as well. Love ya!