I installed the remaining rafters (not the shed dormers yet), which requires intensive “measure twice, cut once” technique.
Well guess what I did? I measured, twice, sure… and I even marked the ridge beam and sole plate correctly. But I managed to install some rafters on the wrong side of the line… And of course I secured it with a slew of ring shank nails.
If you want to take a walk in my shoes, follow these steps:
1. Make something cool, preferably a Tiny House with a lot of nails that are difficult to remove
2. Look at what you’ve achieved, feel proud and go brag about it on Facebook
3. Show it off to someone passing by
4. Have that person tell you that what you made is not square
5. Feel miserable and start taking off those ring shank nails
6. Start over
BONUS STEP. Eat a spoonful of peanut butter… Yeah, weird I know. You might think it’s delicious but I loathe peanut butter. That’s my punishment for being late on a target date.