We know it’s difficult to purchase gifts for Tiny Housers and Tiny House enthusiasts. After all, the idea is to downsize and simplify! On the other hand, tiny housers do need a few quality belongings. If your heart is set on getting your tiny house friend something tangible this holiday season, we’ve created a “Tiny House Gifts” guide to help you out (& we listed a few intangible items as well).
These are a few of our favorite things….
Tiny House Gifts for 1st Time Builders
Give the gift of education! The following resources & tools are excellent companions for any first time builder.
Tiny House Gifts for Inspiration & Entertainment
Books, Calendars & Films that will inspire any Tiny House enthusiast to take the plunge!
Tiny House Gifts for Foodies
These compact, low-energy kitchen gadgets are the perfect additions in a tiny house kitchen!
Tiny House Gifts for Travelers
Towable items for those tiny housers on the move!
Tiny House Gifts for Environmentalists
Low-impact gifts to minimize carbon footprints and increase awareness.
Many tiny housers struggle around the holidays to maintain their simple, minimalistic lifestyle. So why not support their choice to declutter and downsize? The following gift ideas do not involve material objects but instead gifts from the heart.
- Consumables! Local fresh food, organic soaps, house plants or garden seeds make great gifts. Consider purchasing a CSA membership for your tiny house friend so they can receive fresh farm goods each week from a local farmer.
- A Tiny House Vacation! Gift your friend a tiny house vacation in Olympia, Seattle, Portland or Nashville and more locations
- Donate to Charity! Give to their local environmental charity or Habitat for Humanity.
- E-books, Online Magazines, Music, Netflix Subscription, Memberships or a Gift Card! Most of the books listed above are available digitally, as are many of the campground membership fees. Gift card ideas: Home Depot, Lowes, Whole Foods, Gas Stations and Camping World.
- Gift them a night out! Dinner, wine tasting, movie tickets, etc.
- Massage or Spa Day! Give a tiny house builder a break before they break their back!
- Support their efforts! Offer to lend a hand on their build, babysit their kids, walk their dog, cook a meal, etc. Many minimalists are fans of the community lifestyle and will jump for joy at the simple gift of your friendship.