A few years ago, two followers of this blog asked if I would give them some advice. They had an idea to build a Tiny House that transformed into a traveling theater, but they weren’t exactly sure how to pull it off. I remember giggling through most of the skype brainstorm session, elated by the challenge. This is how I first met Jesse and Nora.
I wasn’t sure if they would actually follow through with their dream. I often wonder about the people who comment and reach out on my blog. Do they live tiny now? Luckily I was able to watch Jesse and Nora’s journey evolve on social media and, eventually, I saw the finished project in person. I shot a video tour of their home so that I could share this creative space with all of you! Hopefully, it inspires more of my followers to achieve their dream of going tiny.
Tour a Tiny Traveling Theater:
As theater and film professionals, Jesse and Nora hope to use their Tiny Traveling Theater as a way to perform on the road. They plan to visit areas in need throughout the United States, such as places recently hit by a natural disaster, to spread some cheer and inspire hope. Some of the creative ways they have already used their mobile stage include hosting inspirational speeches, outdoor movie nights, musical performances, and puppet shows!
*Photo courtesy of Jesse & Nora
Features of Jesse & Nora’s Tiny Traveling Theater
- Large slide out stage with a trap door
- French doors and a backdoor for actors to make a grand entrance
- Large projection screen for inside/outside movies
- HD television on a swivel for video editing & movie nights
- Marine stove & oven (with a door that fully hides away to save space)
- Wildly colorful wallpaper in the bathroom
- Wifi range extender/booster for working on the road
- Beautiful wood countertops
- Overhead lights that change color temperatures and can flash with the music for band performances
- Loft bedroom and a downstairs couch that converts into a full size bed
- Off-grid sink faucet with built-in pump
- Off-grid compost toilet (Receive $25 off and free shipping by following that link)
Jesse and Nora’s house looks and feels a lot like my own Tiny Home, which makes me feel quite honored! Only, their home is new and improved (probably because I aired all of my mistakes to them). They’ve now been traveling with their Tiny Traveling Theater for several months, attending festivals and using their stage for performances. I’m so happy to see them thriving!