Lately, I’ve been swooning over modern Tiny Homes. Maybe this is because the modern aesthetic is the exact opposite of my rustic Tiny House design (the grass is always greener). Or maybe it has something to do with the shed or flat roof that is often used in modern Tiny House design. Flat roofs do a batter job of expanding tiny living spaces than the classic pitched roof; there is no point in denying it! Not convinced? Let’s take a look at Mark and Mary’s modern tiny home, built by Seattle Tiny Homes.
*Pssst, if you like this design you might also like this Tiny Home, also built by Seattle Tiny Homes!
A few elements that really stand out in this gorgeous design is 1). The fact that it sleep six people comfortably, 2). the nano doors on each side of the home allow that open the space to the outdoors, and finally 3). the shed roof that allows for two full-size lofts. Mark and Mary told me that they also strategically placed doors and windows all around the house so that the mountains would always be in view. By doing this, the house receives a lot of natural light and feels larger than it actually is.
Three sleeping spaces? Yes, you heard right! Mark and Mary have one downstairs bedroom and two lofts. Altogether their modern Tiny House can sleep six people comfortably! Since they primarily use their Tiny Home as a vacation retreat, and they often invite friends and family to join them, privacy was a priority for them. They placed cabinets in one of the upstairs lofts to create a privacy wall, while the downstairs bedroom has two pocket doors that meet in the middle. The second loft is mostly used for kids and features two twin beds.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the fact that this Tiny House also has two decks, a breezeway, and a shed for ski equipment and other outdoor gear! Mark and Mary like to play in nature so they built these additional spaces to expand the living area into the outdoors, without bringing the messy parts of nature (ie. mud and snow) inside.
Top Features of Mark & Mary’s Tiny House:
- Three bedrooms – two lofts and a downstairs full-size bedroom
- Full kitchen with drawer dishwasher, large fridge, induction cooktop, microwave, and toaster oven.
- Two decks & covered breezeway with propane heaters and barbecue
- Detached shed for outdoor gear
- Two full glass nano doors that open the home up to the outside
- Bathroom with full-size shower & RV flush toilet (connected to septic)
- Bathroom sink separate from the bathroom, so guests can use it while someone is showering
- Washer / Dryer combo
- Beautiful, sleek finish woodworking